That nasty hangnail that is on the side of your finger? Ouch after you pick and pull at it! You may not think about your cuticles much, but there are some great reasons to groom them regularly. Dry cuticles are the main cause of hangnails, and overlong cuticles can stunt nail growth.
Here are some tips on how to have your cute cuticles:
- Moisturize your cuticles by applying a hand cream, lotion or oil and rubbing it into the cuticle. The delicate skin on your hands needs moisturizing daily. Keep moisturizing hand lotion with you at all times.
- Purchase a good cuticle remover (to soften, but not actually remove the cuticles). Apply the cuticle remover and allow the cuticles to soften. Using a cuticle stick (also called an orange stick), gently push back the cuticles, being careful not to damage them.
- Removing dead or flaking cuticle skin by moving the orange stick in tiny circles around the base of the nail. Remove the whitish residue from the nail as well. Repeat this process on each nail several times.
- Use a sharp cuticle clipper to trim any remaining hangnails. Make sure that this tool cuts cleanly.
- Wipe the nail clean with a cotton ball and moisturize again
Come in to Expressions and we can cut and have your cute cuticles done with our amazing manicures! Call and book your appointment today.